While relaxing on the beach today here at home in Hawaii, I started working on my list of things I need in my makeup kit for the upcoming NBA All Star Weekend. Being the Lead Hair & Makeup Director for this 3 day weekend festival since 2008, I always try to have the best beauty items that will look great on the athletes, game hosts and music artists on television. Because everything is live I don’t have time for mistakes so I like using items that I can count on and will give everyone a radiant and flawless finish.
Here are my Top 5 must have’s items I will need during the NBA All Star Weekend next week in Chicago.
1. YSL Touche Elcat Blur Primer preps skin for foundation application, creating an improved, refined appearance: pores seem to be minimized, skin texture feels smoother, and skin tone is more even. It’s enriched with four nourishing oils—corn oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora oil, and rice bran oil—to leave skin feeling incredibly soft without a greasy residue. Packed with blur technology, this universal primer provides a subtle, golden shimmer for ultimate luminosity.
2. Armani Luminious Silk FoundationReveal your inner light. Inspired by charmeuse silk, “The Fabric of Emperors,” this luminous foundation glides on weightlessly for a flawless lit-from-within glow. Using exclusive Micro–fil™ technology to sculpt and brighten, this buildable, medium coverage foundation improves texture and blurs imperfections.
3. Makeup Revolution London Banana Loose Baking Powder is a favorite for prolonging the wear of makeup, banishing shine, brightening and balancing skin tone. Loose powders are a good option for those who desire a luminous, silky and even finish. I find it to be one of the best items to use on male talent because they shine more and this powder doesn’t look heavy on my male talents.
4. Chanel Eclat Du Désert Illuminating Powder imparts a subtle, golden glow for radiant dimension. It has a warm undertones with a luminous sheen. The opaque color coverage can be achieved in a single layer while the texture makes it easy to build if more pigmentation is needed.
5. Beauty Blender has long been a red carpet favorite giving you a fresh and glowing look with the help of the Beautyblender. Make sure it’s damp to keep the skin looking fresh then bounce the sponge across your face for a natural finish. I am able to use a Beautyblender for the first 4 items not having to pick up any other makeup brushes. I never leave my home without having a Beautyblender in my kit.