New York Fashion Week in September is always a big event that I look forward to working doing makeup and attending as media/press writing beauty articles.
Commuting on Metro North Train for 2 hours from Connecticut, going from show to show pulling a 95 lbs makeup kit and standing for many hours it can take a toll on any healthy person. Imagine living with Lupus, it’s a little harder but I have master secrets that keep me able to work without any challenges that my peers and the models doesn’t know I have an auto-immune. So that I can continue to beat a face here are my secret tools to keep me looking fabulous as well as do beautiful artistry.
- Biodara Immortal Mist, with aloe and anti-inflammatory ingredients. “It helps soothe and reduce inflammation in my hands — and all over my body. It also makes for a great makeup-setting spray.”
2. I’m also a fan of essential oil blend from Tata Harper Skincare to use on my pulse points. “On days when I’m really pushing myself, I put the treatment in the palm of my hands, rub them together to heat up the oils, and then I take a few deep breaths. It’s wonderful.
3. “Because I am on my feet a great deal — like 10 to 15 hours a day — I like to wear comfortable shoes. I enjoy wearing Floafers shoes, “They are so lightweight, supportive, and breathable that it doesn’t feel like I’m on my feet.”
4. Makeup brushes that I enjoy using doing New York Fashion Week are from Royal and Langnickel. Not only do they have quality brushes, their collections of brushes feels good in my hands when I’m creating magic.
5. My major secret has been CBD FX Tincture Hemp Oil. When I take 5-10 drops a day I’m pain free. No body aches and no inflammation, and on a stressful day I’m feeling relaxed backstage while everyone else is running stressed out.
6. Of course my makeup kit is packed with Entitled Beauty cosmetics, a luxurious mineral makeup line that’s owned by myself and my business Johnny Luoma. But I also wear my own collection (All Nighter Lipsticks, Glamxurious Lipgloss, & Spotlight Highlighters) as much as possible so that I don’t have any flare up’s.
You can follow all of my fashion shows experience on my Instagram page at @bgdmakeupartist